Indoor Location Tracking Technology (ILTT) works as a navigation system for locating objects, people, assets, etc. inside a large facility. This application uses Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, radio waves, acoustic signals, and magnetic fields among others. This particular technology is primarily built to serve the common purpose of navigation and wayfinding inside buildings spread over a large area.
Indoor Location Tracking Technology Using Wi-Fi, RFID
Indoor navigation and wayfinding is the toughest challenge that big businesses face regularly. In an effort to improve the visitor experience and guide them to their desired points of interest effortlessly, adopting this technology using Wi-Fi or Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) is a must.
Have a look at the 8 industries applicable to this technology
- ZOO PARKS
- PUBLIC PARKS
- THEME PARKS
- SHOPPING MALLS
- HEALTHCARE FACILITIES
- EDUCATIONAL CAMPUSES
- CONVENTION CENTERS
It provides diverse features to visitors who can make their experience better while exploring large facilities.
- Zoological gardens are meant to be big and huge in terms of its geography and visitors will surely need a guide for navigation. What if there is a technology that will take you to every attraction in the zoo all by yourself?
- Yes, this technology does exactly this and much more. A lot of times in zoo parks we miss out on witnessing few animals because we don’t have a proper guide who can take us to all the animals, and due to paucity of time. With this technology, one can have the pleasure of witnessing all the sections in the park by scheduling their day appropriately.
- With this technology applicable to this industry, visitors can always be sure about how to plan their weekend in parks.
- Certainly, anywhere in the world Public Parks are spread across vast tracts of land that have obvious challenges for the management team.
- A few of these challenges are poor space utilization, lack of measurement of user experience, the collaboration between staff members located at various distances within the facility, etc.
- By adopting this technology in public parks, visitors and management can have a productive exchange apart from navigation and wayfinding.
- Theme parks or amusement parks can be a great place to enjoy for people of all age groups. Because such parks are located and built in vast lands, it is tough to track every ride, be it water slide or roller coaster rides within the park.
- This technology’s comprehensive features can make your visitors leverage real-time, point to point navigation and engage them continually with attractions at the park.
- Though we love shopping, not all malls guarantee an amazing experience each time we visit it. Imagine having info on all the stores and places of interest right on your Smartphone? Yes, this technology can be handy while exploring shopping malls because malls are spread over multiple floors and expansive areas.
- The management of the mall is responsible for making visitors’ experience exciting and memorable. Be it revenue generation, space management, dealing with parking issues, promoting stores and offers to visitors, or ensuring the safety of the public, managing a big mall needs ample time and effort from resources to make it profitable.
- This is where these apps can be very useful
- A resort can be a good place to unwind with friends, family and close ones but to do that visitors need to track their locations from time to time.
- This technology using Bluetooth proximity beacons offers resort managers real-time analytics to measure their customers’ experience, thereby helping them make more strategic business decisions.
- This technology also helps facilitate managers engage their guests at the venue to make sure they have a super time while at the resort and keep coming back to the facility for more.
- Unlike the other industries, healthcare centers should be more swift and active for visitors because it deals with emergencies and responds to life and death situations. Hospitals have a complex structure; visitors find it very tough to locate doctors’ chambers, designated labs, cafeteria, and restroom.
- To alleviate such problems, an indoor location tracking app is an effective solution, which will improve the visitor experience at hospitals.
- University campuses, schools, colleges, contain large lands with each section located at different ends of the campus. How can students locate their desired destinations within the allotted time table? It’s easy with this technology!
- This technology provides students with varied features to make their experience in the campus very productive and enriching. It can aid in superior facility management for both students and the management.
- From large-scale trade exchanges and product launches to niche get-togethers, convention centers are places which host a wide variety of events.
- Usually, events of these proportions are scheduled for days at a stretch and the number of participants could run into thousands. How can such a complex ambience be navigated effortlessly by the visitors?
- This technology supports convention centers so as to achieve superior customer experience at the venue.
Surprisingly, the search for the most suitable technology for different industries might fade away with the advent of this technology. This is one long-lasting technology that can be helpful for industries other than the ones which have been listed above.
Going forward, large facilities such as airports, warehouses, aquariums among others would surely look at adopting indoor location tracking technology for better facility management.